Headlines from the September 2018 Edition
of Health Information Privacy/Security Alert
- EHRs Have Not Made Access to Records Easier for Many Patients, GAO Says
Vendors, providers blame use of multiple and legacy systems, errors in...
- FDA Medical Device Plans Stresses Cybersecurity, But Makes No Mention of Privacy
New strategy reflects fractured regulatory regime governing the confidentiality of health data for consumers...
- Trump Administration Plans to Relax Some HIPAA Requirements
Proposals would ease data sharing with family, presume compliance with ....
- Blood Samples Not Considered Information Under Minnesota Law
State appeals court rules that sample by itself says nothing about a...
- Former OCR Officials Explain Most Common Reasons for Small HITECH Breaches
OCR has published little data on the types causes of breaches affecting fewer than 500 patients...
- Small HIPAA Infractions Can Lead to Legitimate Firing
Healthcare organizations – like other businesses – have “complete discretion” to impose ...
- HIPAA & Breach Enforcement Stats: A Closer Look at Laptops & Other Portable Electronic Devices
Health Information Privacy/Security Alert is a must read for anyone who must keep current on the legal decisions shaping the health data landscape.
The subscription includes the full edition of the HIPAA and Breach Enforcement Statistics
Special Offer: A one-year e-subscription is only $258.00 -- a 50% Professional Discount