Some Headlines from Health Information Privacy/Security Alert|
Headlines from the December 2018 Edition Try a six-month subscription for only $129.
of Health Information Privacy/Security Alert
- 12 States Sue EHR Vendor over Breach
The attorneys general alleged that Medical Informatics Engineering violated HIPAA and state laws...
- OCR Considers Changes to HIPAA
Changes sought to ease requirements on access and privacy notices...
- Poor Security Does Not Mean Patients Were Harmed
Patients have a hard time successfully winning a lawsuit when breaches occur ....
- Asking for Family Medical Histories Can Be Problematic
The Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act is very specific...
- Browsing Data Is Not Health Data in Facebook Ad Program
Facebook did not violate any state or federal law by collecting and using...
- OCR Ends Year with Flurry of Enforcement Actions
OCR closed out 2018 with three resolution agreements, suggesting that enforcement ...
- HIPAA & Breach Enforcement Stats: A Closer Look at Desktops
Health Information Privacy/Security Alert is a must read for anyone who must keep current on the legal decisions shaping the health data landscape.
The subscription includes the full edition of the HIPAA and Breach Enforcement Statistics
Try a six-month subscription for only $129.