Some Headlines from Health Information Privacy/Security Alert|
Headlines from the October 2018 Edition
of Health Information Privacy/Security Alert
- Patient Consent Still Needed in New Opioid Law
Efforts to ease sharing of data stripped during congressional negotiations...
- Most Medicaid Breaches Affect Only 1 Person
GAO finds that most problems stem from misdirected faxes, misaddressed mails...
- FDA Broadens Cybersecurity Program for Medical Devices
HIPAA compliance officers may have new tools to help ensure new equipment purchases ....
- FOIA - Not HIPAA - Governs Access to ICE Medical Records, Court Says
Immigration agency fights release of records on death of detainee...
- Apple Litigation May Affect Healthcare Use of Smart Phones
Court allows law suit challenging company's software updates...
- Claims of "Garden Variety" Emotional Distress May Waive Some Med Privacy in Court
Emotional distress claims may not waive psyche privilege, but may open other parts of record ...
- HIPAA & Breach Enforcement Stats: A Closer Look at Desktops
Health Information Privacy/Security Alert is a must read for anyone who must keep current on the legal decisions shaping the health data landscape.
The subscription includes the full edition of the HIPAA and Breach Enforcement Statistics
Special Offer: A one-year e-subscription is only $258.00 -- a 50% Professional Discount